What Are Cookies And How Do They Benefit You?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you browse websites.
Cookies are not actual programs or software. A cookie is a digital data file that is stored on your Device when you visit our Website. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. When you visit the Website, the Website stores a snippet of text from your visit. The next time you visit, this text is retrieved by the Website so it recognizes you and the specific pages that you have visited. Cookies allow our Website to store your user preferences. Thus, if you personalize the web pages on our Website, a cookie helps us recall your specific information on subsequent visits. You can think of cookies as providing a “memory” for the Website, enabling it to recognize you and respond appropriately. Cookies on our Website do NOT store any personally identifiable information such as names, addresses, email addresses or phone numbers.
- Website function cookies
- Social media cookies
- Third party and advertising cookies
- Analytics cookies
More about Our Cookies
Website Function Cookies such as session or preference cookies
- Holding information once you have logged in so that you do not have to re-login each time you visit a different page during your session
- Once you log off or close the browser, the session cookie will be removed
Our Website, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube or Vimeo video.
Disabling these cookies is likely to break the functions offered by these third parties.
Social Media Website Cookies
Anonymous Visitor & Behavior Statistics Cookies
- How visitors reached our Website (e.g., from a search engine, an advert, from social media site, etc.)
- The activity of users on the site such as the number of pages viewed, time spent on individual pages, the pages visitors leave our site on
- How often visitors return to our site
- Visitor technology used (e.g., browser, operating system, device, etc.)
These statistics help us make our site as user-friendly as possible, to ensure a good experience for all visitors.
- Google Analytics, which is a program that helps us measure site usage details, including the examples above (details of how to opt-out are further below).
Site Improvement Cookies
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our Website to different people and anonymously monitoring how visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately, this helps us to offer you a better Website.
We use: Google Search Console
- Third party vendors, including Google, show ads on other websites on the internet.
Turning Cookies Off
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your internet browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. There are many different browsers and versions. Some of the most common browsers and versions and listed below. Click the name of your preferred browser below to learn how to disable and manage cookies. If your version of the browser is not listed, please visit your preferred search engine.
Please be aware though that turning off cookies will impair the performance of many websites and not just our Website.